POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quickest way for cubes : Re: Quickest way for cubes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quickest way for cubes
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Sep 2000 09:57:32
Message: <39CA1289.419800F2@my-dejanews.com>
Thanks, my render is now up to 14 minutes per 320 x 240 frame and I probably
have less than 8000 cubes so far...

I vaguely remember posting about how people had improved the superellipsoid,
hoping they'd made it as fast as a cube! Perhaps with about 40-200  triangles I
could make a sort of rounded-cube approximation.

(BTW--did you see my old reply to you re: computing volume?)